Tuesday, July 26, 2011

momma, look at me.

It's more of a demand than a whine. And it's because that's what I say to her all the time. When she's about to throw a fit, I get right at her level and say "Hannah. Look at me." Now I hear it back: "Momma. Look at me."

A few other things we're hearing a lot right now:

"No cry, Momma"
"Whatsa matter Mommy?"
"Daddy, what's wrong?"
(all said while she's the one upset or crying)
"I hold you, Daddy." (translation: pick me up)
"I help you, Momma." (help me)
"Water please. Ice on it."
"Boo boo hurts so bad." (doesn't necessarily mean it hurts, but as long as she notices a scrape or bruise, that's what she says)
"Whatsa problem?"
"Joseph's sleeping...Joseph's crying...Joseph's funny..." (Joseph this, Joseph that)
"Momma, bow came out." (the child thinks she was born with a bow in her hair)
"Go away bug!" (we go on lots of walks. she doesn't like bugs.)
"Yay! Good job!" (says after she or someone else sings a song she likes)
"Go to sleep...close your eyes." and "I see moon see me" (words to a couple of her favorite songs)
"Thank you." (says when she hands us something) "I welcome." (also says as she hands us something...she's a little confused. but cute - or as she pronounces it "coot")

She knows her abc's and numbers pretty well. A month ago I was reading Ten Little Ladybugs to her. When on the page with five ladybugs left:
me: "Count them!"
Hannah: "One....three, four, six, seven, eight!!!"
Not exactly, but awesome. She was so proud of herself.

In the last month alone, this child's personality has exploded. She is definitely entertaining. The drama level is at an all-time high (and going up I'm sure). But this age is fun and we are loving it for the most part.

She's starting to dress herself.





She is a very hands-on big sister. Which is great, except for when she does this kind of thing:

 

She is totally into Elmo. {Side note - we waited a while (20 months) before we introduced the TV. She never really had an interest in it and we didn't encourage one. Now, though, it's a different story. She says "Elmo Worldy" for Elmo's World or asks us to "turn Elmo on TV."} Joe loves the way she watches TV - like she's at the ready in case she needs to jump up and help Elmo.

 

I can't keep clothes on her. Not sure if it's a sign of potty training time, but she will bring me her diaper after she wets it sometimes too.

From time to time it gets quiet, and I realize I forgot to shut the door to our bedroom. She'll wander in and help herself to my jewelry and clothes. On one occasion I found her sitting on top of my dresser, my jewelry box opened and stuff everywhere. I was too shocked to be mad. You'll have to take my word for it, because I was not going to leave her there (despite how long she had been sitting up there by herself) and go get my camera. This time, all I had to risk was her going potty on the floor. She didn't...on this occasion.



And all of a sudden, she has started hiding...or her version of it. Chloe (my dog) does the same thing. As long as they can't see you, you can't see them. Right?


We love our Hannah Banana Buck (as she calls herself).

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - laughing so hard....that Hannah Banana Buck is HILARIOUS!!!!! I can't believe she climbed in the bouncy thing with Joseph, wowsers! Love that she's ready to help Elmo. Wasn't sure if the dvds would be a hit but sure glad they are! With that second baby, a few minutes off just can't possibly hurt, right?! Oh Hannah Banana!

    ReplyDelete