Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Daddy is gone for 2 weeks!



Joe is in Kentucky working on his doctorate at Asbury Seminary.  He left on Sunday and won't be back until next Friday, the 29th.  AH!

It has been an exciting couple of days for Mommy and baby.  Hannah had her first babysitter (other than grandparents, of course)!  She did great but I was a nervous wreck.  I had a chiropractor appointment and couldn't take her, so Mrs. Ida across the street watched her for a couple hours. She was smiling as soon as I gave her to "I I" (as her grandchildren call her) and was still smiling when I picked her up. I worried for nothing obviously.  Ida's husband had a severe stroke soon after we moved to Jesup and is home-bound. It MADE HIS DAY when Ida put Hannah in his arms.  He was grinning ear to ear when I came to pick her up.  Ever since, I've felt a strong calling to take Hannah to visit more elderly home-bound people.  To see the joy in their eyes just warms my heart.

What else? Hannah somehow cut her finger.  Have you ever tried to put a band-aid on an infant's tiny finger?  As soon as you touch their hands, they form tight fists.  The cut wouldn't stop bleeding, it kept getting on her other fingers and she's crying because she's hungry. Oh, it was a ball. Nothing serious though...

Yesterday we went to Vidalia to visit William and Lauren Greene (and Mom Kate).  William is 2 1/2 and Lauren is 11 weeks.  Precious, both of them.  We think William already has a crush on Hannah.  He was so sweet with her...and a little bit of a flirt if I do say so myself.  I think Kate and I are both ok with that match-up.............in 20 years!

 

We came home and after what I consider a very quick feeding, Hannah threw-up. OH. MY. GOSH.  Joe and I've wondered what "projectile vomiting" looks like.  Well, we don't need to wonder anymore.  I really don't understand how there is ANY way THAT much milk could've been inside of her.  It was like a fire hose.  All over her, me, and the carpet.  Of course, I called Joe immediately wondering what I should do, and then we both called our moms!  (What would we do without moms?)  No surprise, they said the same thing: just watch her, and try not to feed her until her next nursing.  No big deal.  Hannah was smiling right afterward anyway.  I'm a mom.  I worry. She had a good last feeding and slept peacefully for 10 hours.

Today we are enjoying this beautiful weather.  Hannah, Chloe, and I just got back from a long walk.  Life is good, but we miss Daddy.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear "I I" got to sit for Hannah but - ah-hem....I'd like credit for Hannah's first sitter that was not a grandparent or uncle please!! ;) Just kidding :)

    Love the pic with daddy - so cute!!

    Didn't hear about the cut on her finger - ouch - poor little thing!

    Thanks for talking me through my JL crisis last night. You're right - my schedule is just too jam packed. It was so nice of you to listen and you had such great advice!

    Ben and I also figured out the reason I'm so annoyed with all of these meetings is probably because they are during the time when I normally go to yoga. So....I suppose I can use this as an opportunity to try to be okay with not being able to control every little bit of my schedule (to my liking) every moment! Let go...let God.

    Miss you girls already! Have fun with Uncle Ben tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - you are totally right. My sincerest apologies. You were Hannah's first babysitter. And that was so long ago!!! I completely forgot about that night! I guess maybe because we knew you and were not nervous. Please forgive!

    Today she went to "I I" again. It was one of the few times today she wasn't crying! I'm exhausted!
    We'll see you soon...

    ReplyDelete