Sunday, February 22, 2015

ash wednesday and stella thursday!

As you know, Lent has begun. Joseph was very excited to help his daddy burn the palm fronds from last year's Palm Sunday to make ashes for the Ash Wednesday service.



Hannah was in church with me, but I decided to run go get Joseph from the nursery in time for him to receive ashes on his forehead. I thought that was only fitting since he was the one that made them after all. His first time:


It was Hannah's first time, too, and I almost forgot to take a picture.


Much of last week we were dealing with nasty colds. (I'm still dealing with it. Ugh…) I took NyQuil on Wednesday night - and you know how that goes… I somehow never heard my alarm go off Thursday morning. But that's ok, Hannah made beds and got herself and Joseph dressed and ready for school:



Look at her… And his belt doesn't fit, and won't for two years, and his shirts don't really match, but that's ok. It's so nice when they become a little more self-sufficient, isn't it? 

I was at my small group meeting later that morning when I realized I had all kinds of messages on my phone. My sis-in-law went into labor!! Baby Stella was scheduled to arrive via c-section on Friday morning and we were planning to be there in Savannah. But she had different plans, surgery was bumped up, and she came a day early. When the new daddy wanted to FaceTime that afternoon, Joseph and I were thrilled! Welcome to the world, Stella Mae!!!


I picked up Hannah from school, Joe wrapped things up at work, and we packed in a hurry, anxious to get to the hospital and meet our niece (and cousin!).


And here she is!!!


Mama C is doing well and baby is healthy. We went back on Friday and Joe got to hold her for a little while. 


I held her for just a few seconds - long enough to get a picture, but was nervous about my germs. Due to flu precautions, children aren't allowed in patient rooms (or down the hallway), but a nice nurse held Stella so that Hannah and Joseph could see their new cousin through a window.



 The sweet new family:




I am itching to kiss and hold her for long amounts of time. Looking forward to our next trip south!

No comments:

Post a Comment