Sunday, August 3, 2014

last day of life as i know it...

Friday was open house. Hannah just needed a little time to warm up and then it was all excitement and curiosity as she wandered around her new classroom.


She met a little girl while out in town recently, and was very happy when she walked into the classroom while we were there:


Joseph had fun playing in Hannah's new classroom, too, and loved the water fountain in the hall even more.


Today after lunch, we got back home and I put Joseph down for a nap. Then I got some time with my monkey. We rolled around her room, tickling, playing and being silly together. I wanted time to stand still. So I took a few pictures and a little Q&A video and then put my phone away and just enjoyed being with her…






After all, she is so enjoyable to be with! Just for fun I asked her about a few of her favorites:

Thing to play with - her dolls and stuffed toys in her room
Thing to draw - "made up stuff"
Thing to do - puzzles and coloring
Thing to wear - "a pretty long sleeved shirt and a pretty skirt"
Thing to sing - "made up stuff"
Thing to watch/show - "Doc" and movies like "Beauty and the Beast"
Thing to eat - "pizza!!!"
Color - pink and purple
What she wants to be when she grows up - "I'm thinking about a doctor…or a nurse."

Tomorrow is the day - her first day of pre-k! The end of life as we know it. She will be in all-day school! I know the time will fly by, but it's still a milestone…and she's still my baby. My first baby. And I'm not sure her daddy and I are ready! She's so excited, though, and that excitement is contagious. She was late going to sleep tonight, talking to herself in her bed. Now she's sleeping soundly, and I should be too!


No comments:

Post a Comment