Monday, January 27, 2014

the weekend

My mom came in town for the weekend. She took us to eat where they "cook on the table" - you know, a Japanese steakhouse. We had a good time, though Joseph wasn't sure about the fire.


{Picture on the left: he's good. Picture on the right: not so sure.}

After dinner in Milledgeville (which, you know, is where we have to go if we want something other than pizza, Mexican or Waffle House), Meme took the babies home and Joe and I went to see a movie. Yes, a date! Our first movie in over a year. We saw Lone Survivor. Very good and very intense. If you are not aware, or need reminding (as most of us probably do), of the sacrifices of our military, see it!

I finished writing birthday and Christmas thank-you notes. I know, overdue. But definitely one of those times when it's better late than never. I love stationery and a handwritten note. I am a southern girl and that's how my momma raised me. Hannah and Joseph included original artwork in their notes.





We had a "tea party" with special cookies Meme brought from California.


The tea party continued later, over candlelight.



The stitching started coming out on my new slippers. I wear them all the time...but only for the last 4 weeks. I am annoyed.


There are times when I stay in my pajamas a good portion of the day. Saturday, I never left them. Reiterate: never. I had my morning coffee and my evening glass of wine all in the same attire. Is that bad? If it is, oh well. It sure was nice. We had a lovely day! 

The preschool performed at church yesterday. My two practiced quite a bit, singing "What a Mighty God We Serve" and "Deep and Wide" - or if you're Joseph: deep-ee wide. He might have gotten caught up in the hand motions a little bit, but both kids were very proud of themselves.


And they were pretty darn cute.




Had to sneak a picture of the children's sermon...


Last night we made a snowman. In Cincinnati. On FaceTime with Uncle Ben and Aunt Katie. From start to finish.



It's technically a snowwoman, or snowperson, as Hannah named her Katelin. {Note to Julie: Hannah tells me today that she chose the name because "That's MJ's little sister!" Guess we need to change the spelling to Catelin with a C then!}

Ben and Katie sent us pictures for real:





We got a tour of the snowy backyard. We saw the frozen creek and watched Aunt Katie on the sled and Wilson run around in all the snow. We enjoyed a winter wonderland from the comfort (and warmth!) of our sofa. 

And now...WE have snow in the forecast. I will be shocked, but it certainly would be fun for the kiddos to see it in their own backyard. The temperature needs to start coming down. My phone says it is currently 61 degrees!


1 comment:

  1. Catelin is honored that the snow woman was named after her!!! And if I had those slippers I might stay in them all day too. Love you- Hannah and Joseph are beyond precious.

    ReplyDelete