Wednesday, April 24, 2013

nola

Back to our trip. On Wednesday, April 3rd, we arrived in New Orleans. My mom rented a big house in the Garden District. Seventeen of us stayed there. It was fun, if a little crazy. As I mentioned before, I didn't get any pictures with my camera, but between my phone and Facebook, I managed to scrounge up some of my family.



{Hannah and Cousin Jackson at the welcome party Wednesday night.}



{My sweet boy, post-sleep obviously.}


{Thursday morning, with Uncle Ben and Jackson watching the construction going on outside our house on Napoleon Ave.}



{With Cousin Juliana, Thursday after manicures and pedicures.}


{Thursday night at the rehearsal dinner, toasting the bride and groom with Ben.}

Wedding Day:

{Friday morning, Wedding Day breakfast. Joseph enjoyed Aunt Charli's beignets very much.}


{In the limo - unsure at first. No carseat, afterall.}



 {My Hannah girl, outside the Bride's suite.}


{Later in the limo, totally herself. Love how her bag of chips is right in front of my face. Classic.}


{Flower girls!}


{My little ring bearer!}


{The ceremony was in the courtyard behind the Pharmacy Museum in the French Quarter. Beautiful bride, beautiful groom, beautiful everything!}
 


{Laughing at Joe's homily.}


{Making it official.}


{Listening to Lucas, our cousin who is a professional opera singer, up in the balcony (Joseph was up there, too, with Aunt Katie at this point). Amazing!!}


{My girl with the best man, Uncle Ben. Really...just like me.}


{Hannah hugging Ava on the dance floor.}


{Dancing with Cousin Lucas - who, as she reminds everybody - broke her trampoline (at a party at my mom's house, back in October) Looks like she's forgiven him.}


{With the groom!}


{Breakfast on Saturday at Cafe Du Monde, before we pack up and hit the road.}



We made a stop in Birmingham to visit Joe's cousins before our final leg of the journey home, with one sick kid and one exhausted family!

And that's all. Looking forward to seeing the photographer's pictures. Hopefully there's a good family one.


No comments:

Post a Comment