Wednesday, December 24, 2014

savannah…and 34!

Last weekend, the kids opened a present from Granddaddy and Renee.


New raincoats! Perfect gift from the Pacific Northwest.


Sunday we went to our friends' annual "Nip, Nibble and Nog" after church. Such a fun, Christmasy event and time with friends.


We drove to Savannah Sunday afternoon and after dinner, drove around (in the rain) looking at Christmas lights and houses all decorated. We had to put on our jackets, switch into our rain boots and get out at the Salvation Army house.




This older couple has been decorating their house in Gordonston for years, handing out hot chocolate and collecting donations in a red bucket for the Salvation Army. The kids love it. We all do!

On Monday, we started my birthday celebration with a breakfast at Huey's on River Street - one of my favorite places in Savannah. My sister and her children met us there - along with my brothers, one sister-in-law and my mom.





I love my family. It was a great start to the (very rainy) day!

It also happened to be my family's annual Girls Baking Day, so we headed to my aunt's house to make all sorts of Christmas goodies. Hannah thoroughly enjoyed herself and we have a whole bag of yummy treats to last us for a while.

I really wanted to go to The Olde Pink House for dinner - with the children. I liked the idea of taking them to a fancy dinner, all dressed up, and thought they could handle it. I was delighted at how well they did…through a two-and-a-half hour affair. Meme and my brothers and sisters-in-law joined us. The food was delicious, as always, and we had a wonderful time.




Hannah and Joseph really enjoyed my chocolate birthday message. The chocolate was apparently good. I had to include this picture Joseph took with my phone…


After a pancake breakfast on Tuesday we went to the mall for mani/pedis. I was thrilled when my husband agreed to have his first pedicure. I've only tried to talk him into getting one for 9 years!


He admitted he enjoyed it.

We had lunch with Gran Gran, Poppy, Aunt Sarah and the boys before driving home to Sandersville.



A short, but lovely, birthday trip home. Happy 34th to me!

And now it's Christmas Eve!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment